HR - ALU PROFILEIP67 WATERPROOF LEVEL CAN BE ACHIEVED , REF. B1889ANODA
IP67 WATERPROOF LEVEL CAN BE ACHIEVED!
NOTE FOR SEALED FIXTURES!
Sealed lighting fixtures that are used in applications which are exposed to strong sunlight should be used in conjunction with a day/night switch. The switch will turn the fixtures off during the day, when their light would not be visible. This prevents overheating and destruction of the LED diodes. Examples of sunny places include rooftops, building elevations, exposed balconies, terraces etc.
The non anodized extrusion is made from high quality aluminum (also available in a double-anodized version) is designed for flexible or rigid LED strips that are 8 - 10 mm wide.
Warning! To maintain an optimal operating temperature of the diodes, the LEDs used should be up to 5W / m.
One of the accessories offered for the extrusion are covers that shade and protect LEDs inside the profile. Covers are made of polycarbonate, and additionally, covers are certified for excellent resistance to all weather conditions or UV radiation as well as being flame retardant.
Extrusion HR-ALU, together with LEDs, cover and caps should be used only in a version specially sealed with neutral silicone (recommended SIKASIL WS-605 S). Regarding the degreasing of surfaces, we recommend Universal Cleaner R-40 by DOW CORNING, available from our company. The use of other agents can cause gaping or damage to the fixture. If you have used a degreasing agent, perform further activities related to the sealing of the fixture after the agent has evaporated.
Due to this we get a lighting fixture of high integrity, whose class of resistance against ingress of solid objects, dust and water will be IP 67.
The extrusion is fastened to the desired surface, usually between ceramic tiles, with mounting adhesive. The design and parameters of the extrusion’s cover, when mounted in the floor, allow for standard loads and performance of maintenance and utility works.
Because of the low height, light spots are visible when the fixture is lit, and the light is less intense on sections up to 3cm on both ends of the fixture (in high dimming, the effect is hardly visible). Shadows are the result of the need to seal the ends of the fixture properly or due to the spacing of diode modules in relation to the length of the fixture.
Due to the high integrity of the extrusion and its compact size, it is ideal for use in bathrooms, showers or areas where there is a risk of momentary contact with water. Its height allows installation in the gap created by the average thickness of the ceramic tile and mounting adhesive, thus it is very often used for installation in floor levels. Additionally, it can be used to illuminate the exterior architectural elements, such as building facades, terraces, gardens, etc.
|length||surface finish||article number|
1 m (standard)
* available by arrangement with the sales department of KLUŚ.
* Special order
The fixture is as high as the thickness of ceramic tiles; as a result it integrates with the surface of tiles. Mounting of the fixture may be performed in combination with ceramic tiles, using the same adhesive as the one used to fix the tiles. The fixture can also be mounted in the prepared slot in the floor with silicone adhesives. In any case, mounting of the fixture should be done in a way that it is possible to remove it for service purposes, without damaging the floor.
- it is extremly important to properly seal the frame in the designated mounting spot. This process needs to be performed by professionals outside the KLUS company
- for sealing the HR-ALU profile we recommend using – DOW CORNING 794 brand, transparent Neutral Silicone
- when choosing other sealing materials it is important to know their quality, applications and that they do not conduct electricity
- the quality of HR-ALU profile sealing depends solely on the quality and precision of the sealing process as well as the quality of the sealing material
- process of sealing the profile is illustrated and described on the companie’s website (klusdesign.pl) and is also available on CD
Patent: patent rights
Fixtures and fittings should be installed in such a way that they can be disassembled for maintenance or replacement.
KLUS company is not responsible for:
- the effects of installation , which consequently make it impossible to disassemble fittings or accessories,
- Installation costs,
- damages caused by installing or removing fixtures or fittings.